Let it snow

Don't worry. It's just a Country Cottage Needleworks ornament I finally started. I've had this kitted up forever. It's been a fun, easy stitch so far.

 

Here is where I left off until it's up next in my rotation. I believe this is a piece of 28 ct. Evenweave, that I dyed in coffee.

 

 

 

 

Halloween finish-spider’s garden

I finished this 2 nights ago. I love how it turned out. It's spider's garden from the Halloween 2012 issue of JCS. You'll notice I did slightly change it. I left out the silver beads. I thought they took away from the web. Otherwise I stitched this as charted on 28 ct.evenweave that I hand dyed.

Speaking of Halloween, guess what I finally have finish finished? 6 bats. You can't tell here but the background fabric is spider webs. A tiny bit of the glue is showing on that right side and I'm okay with the lack of perfection.

 

A finish and some feathers

I finally got back to stitching after about a month. I can't wait for April to be over, exactly 2 weeks after my pap died, my father in law died.

On a brighter note, I finished my first mill hill kit. I didn't really like the perforated paper, but I did enjoy stitching this, and especially adding the beads. Next time I think I will stitch it on evenweave.

Anyone who has stitched this or has this will notice that I left out the background mountain and stuff at the bottom right. I simply disliked it and felt it took away from the owl. The kit was also missing one color the brown, which I disliked the color so I picked my own brown.

 

 

I worked a bit on Earthdancer as well. I was able to stitch the wisp Of hair and the feathers at the top of her head.mnext time I hope to complete her face.

 

 

 

 

 

Cirque Update- February

Last week was Cirque week. I am loving this piece. It is nice to not have any color changes. Sure helps it move along quickly, though by weeks end I am bored. Good thing for rotations. Last year I had lots of frog visits on this one. So far this year I have only had 1. If it keeps up at this pace, I will have no problems getting this finished this year.

Stitched on gray hand dyed fabric (32 ct jobelyn) with waterlilies Blue Lagoon.

before:

DSCN2778

 

after:

DSCN2955

 

This week is HAED week. I have mostly krienik to stitch this week. It is a bit fiddly to work with as most of you know.  But I like the look of it. Just takes longer.

6 bats and black cat finished- plus a few finished items-

This is something that I stitched last year. It was a quick easy stitch that I enjoyed doing. It was also my first beading. I got around to doing this simple quick pillow finish recently. I may add some runched ribbon around the outside at some later date, I may not. I haven’t decided yet.

It is LHN- snowy pines 28ct. tea dyed evenweave. Stitched as charted.

Image

This I also stitched last year.  It is Crabby all year- February by Raise The Roof. I am stitching these all separate. I am using one frame and switching them out as months change. I hope to get March and April stitched this year

Image

This is my final floss toss for Lizzy Kate’s snowmen/belles. Awhile back I saw a small group of people who had decided to stitch them all together. I decided to do the same. It took me awhile to get a pattern charted that has all the designs on it and looked right to me. I hope to start this sometime this year.

Image

Up next is this weeks project- 6 bats and a black cat.  It is a little late for last halloween-oops. But it IS early for this halloween. I really enjoyed stitching this and love how it turned out. I did make a few mistakes/changes. I used all green for the pumpkin stems and accidently made the house a little too big.  I haven’t decided how to finish this yet, and likely won’t until halloween gets closer.

6 bats and a Black cat- blue ribbon designs- 2012 Halloween collector’s issue of Just Cross stitch. 32ct hand dyed jobelyn. 2 over 1.

Image

This coming week is Chatelaine week. I hope to get that pesky 6 O’clock crane stitched properly and most of the rest of the 6 o’clock bridge finished.

Cirque

It’s been so long since I worked on Cirque (October), I figured you may need a before photo.  This shows my progress of 2 pages completed. I thought this project would bore me with the single color. It has not however. I love watching this take shape. Not having to change colors, means progress happens fast.

Image

This is my progress as of Saturday when I took it off my qsnaps.  I am sorry for the crappy photo. It was the best I could do on a dreary winter day in Ohio.

Image

This week is HAED week. I have Dragonflies Whisper out and on my qsnap ready to go.

3 Framed Pieces, cirque update

I know it has been a long time.  My computer was broken so all my updates had to be through my tablet. It was a pain in the butt to try to get photos on it from my camera.

Anyways. I have been collecting frames for awhile now for these pieces. I have about 7 frames.  Here is the first 3 to get frames…

Crabby all year- January

Garden Bugs- Country Cottage Needleworks

Coffee Crazy- Lizzy Kate

Cirque Des Circles

I plan to use that same frame for all the crabby months. I am stitching each separately and will change them out.

I found all the frames at used stores and refinished them with spray paint and a sanding block.

I recently was in the smoky mountains. Here is the stash I acquired while there-

Previous Older Entries