Finishes of the year

First up in my finishes this year are 2 small pieces. These are crabby all year from Raise The Roof Designs. This is March and April. Although they were designed to be stitched on one big piece of fabric, I decided to stitch them separately so they can all share one frame. They are stitched on 28ct coffee/tea dyed even weave.

imageimage

Next up We have 6 bats and a black cat. This is blue ribbons design. It is stitched on 32 ct. Jobelyn that I hand dyed. The design is published in the 2012 collectors Halloween issue of Just cross stitch magazine.

image

One Of my 2 BAP’s I finished this year was cirque des couers. It is from ink circles. I stitched it on the same hand dyed 32 ct Jobelyn that I used for 6 bats. I started this back in February of 2013. I’m so pleased with how it turned out. I used Caron waterlillies blue lagoon.

image

Last up is my chatelaine, Japanese garden.  I Couldn’t be more pleased. It is stitched on silkweaver’s Mississippi blue 28 ct Belfast. This took me over 5 years to complete.  You can see more/better photos of this in my previous entry.

image

Advertisements

Nearing Cirque completion

It’s getting close now. Which is good as I have lost interest in cirque. I am bored of the solid color. Oy.  But I am pleased with how it looks.   

I have decided to rotate Japanese Garden and Cirque weekly until both are finished.  Maybe I can have two big finishes in October.

DSCN3287

 

 

Another Cirque update

I’m still beading away on JG. I am getting to the outside parts. I should still have it finished by my birthday in mid-october.  

In between I am still focusing on Cirque. I really want to get this done.  I think I should definitely have it done before the end of the year. 

DSCN3276

Cirque Update- February

Last week was Cirque week. I am loving this piece. It is nice to not have any color changes. Sure helps it move along quickly, though by weeks end I am bored. Good thing for rotations. Last year I had lots of frog visits on this one. So far this year I have only had 1. If it keeps up at this pace, I will have no problems getting this finished this year.

Stitched on gray hand dyed fabric (32 ct jobelyn) with waterlilies Blue Lagoon.

before:

DSCN2778

 

after:

DSCN2955

 

This week is HAED week. I have mostly krienik to stitch this week. It is a bit fiddly to work with as most of you know.  But I like the look of it. Just takes longer.

Cirque

It’s been so long since I worked on Cirque (October), I figured you may need a before photo.  This shows my progress of 2 pages completed. I thought this project would bore me with the single color. It has not however. I love watching this take shape. Not having to change colors, means progress happens fast.

Image

This is my progress as of Saturday when I took it off my qsnaps.  I am sorry for the crappy photo. It was the best I could do on a dreary winter day in Ohio.

Image

This week is HAED week. I have Dragonflies Whisper out and on my qsnap ready to go.

frogging over 1

Does anyone like to frog? It’s doubtful. I spent the end of last week frogging the 6 o’clock crane. I had it in upsidedown. I was so annoyed with myself. It took 2 hours to do. I did manage to get it done without ripping the material. Thank god for that.

Image

Thus you’ll notice the lack of progress on this piece since my last picture.

This week I have Cirque out for the first time in quite a few months. I hope to make decent progress. I am looking forward to HAED week next week.

Cirque page finish

I finished page 2 of cirque des  couers. I am excited because 2 pages meets my yearly goal for this piece. WOOHOO.  Looks great too IMO.

 

Sorry the photo isn’t better. It wasn’t a great day for taking pictures.

Angie

Aside

Previous Older Entries