HAED- Dragonflies Whisper update- January

For the most part my stitching time is during the week.  I work retail, need I say more?

I am quite pleased with my progress this week on my HAED-Dragonflies whisper.

Here is where I was last time I worked on it-

Dragonflies whisper

 

 

Here is where I left off until next month-

Dragonflies Whipser January

 

 

Next week is my free week. I have decided to get out 6 bats. I may even be able to get a finish on it. Depends on how much stitching time I get.

 

 

Advertisements

Cirque

It’s been so long since I worked on Cirque (October), I figured you may need a before photo.  This shows my progress of 2 pages completed. I thought this project would bore me with the single color. It has not however. I love watching this take shape. Not having to change colors, means progress happens fast.

Image

This is my progress as of Saturday when I took it off my qsnaps.  I am sorry for the crappy photo. It was the best I could do on a dreary winter day in Ohio.

Image

This week is HAED week. I have Dragonflies Whisper out and on my qsnap ready to go.

E-reader cover

This is not a cross-stitch entry. That’s okay though. My blog my rules.  I just wanted to share-

I have a nook. I love my nook. What I don’t love are the prices of the cases. Unlike my nexus, I don’t need a fancy cover that protects it from dropping, as I never drop my nook.  I bought a pattern a few years ago. First time I made it I followed the instructions as written. It was okay but I was never quite happy with it.

This time I did what I do with everything else, I changed it to suit me.  I left out the pockets. I used only 1 fabric. I also used sew on velcro for the closure and added the button for decoration. I am quite pleased with it this time.  Best of all I used a dark fabric that won’t show the dirt as much.

nook cover insideNook cover

frogging over 1

Does anyone like to frog? It’s doubtful. I spent the end of last week frogging the 6 o’clock crane. I had it in upsidedown. I was so annoyed with myself. It took 2 hours to do. I did manage to get it done without ripping the material. Thank god for that.

Image

Thus you’ll notice the lack of progress on this piece since my last picture.

This week I have Cirque out for the first time in quite a few months. I hope to make decent progress. I am looking forward to HAED week next week.

Japanese Garden

Since I am not doing WIPocalypse this year. I decided I would do my very best to post weekly updates. I am working  a rotation. I will be posting updates every monday.

First up was my free week. I decided to work on Fire Goddess.  I got several hundred stitches on the final page in before I realized the dress didn’t line up right.  *sigh* I found the mistake….. All the way in the first part. I had known there was a mistake somewhere for a few pages now, but never could find it, so I fudged it.  Well that came back to bite me in the ass. I couldn’t fudge the dress. It had to line up perfectly.  So I made a hard decision. Rather than frog 3 full pages, I tossed it. Rather than focus on all the wasted hours, I am choosing to see the lesson in all this.  Take the time to find a mistake, no matter how long it takes. It saves endless time and frustration down the road. Rather to frog a few hundred stitches than to have to toss a piece.

After that I decided to get out Japanese Garden for an extra week work.  I am quite pleased with the progress. This week is my regular rotation slot for it so I *should* get most of the over 1 crane done.  Anyways here is a photo of where I am now, and a photo showing the entire piece last time I had it off the frame.  I appologize for the crappy photo. Taking a decent photo is hard on a dreary midwinter day in Ohio.

Image

Image

In other news, I received a stash box in the mail over the weekend. I have taken out 5 things, and have more than 5 that I will add. I won’t be sending it off to the next person until beginning of February.

Angie

2013 review, 2014 plans

I haven’t stitched in weeks. I  was trying hard to finish 6 bats and a black cat before the end of the year but I just got so busy, It’s getting close though.

 

I ended WIPocalypse 2013 with 8/17 done.  I’m not real happy with that. I tried but feeling forced to work on something just…got old.

 

I made a list for WIPocalypse 2014, but I deleted it. I’ve decided I am not going to do any challenges in 2014.  Instead I will stitch what I want, and stitch for the process not the end result or some goal in mind. Just to enjoy it. I would like to get Fire Goddess and Japanese Garden done, but we will see.

 

Here is some highlights of 2013

 

 

I made great progress on Japanese Garden.  It’s so close to being done.

 

I finished a few pages of Dragonflies Whisper, my HAED.

 

 

 

I framed quite a few pieces that I finished stitching in 2012.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 I did a quick valentine’s piece, that I really adore.

 

I did this one for my mom. I’m so proud of it.

I also finished stitching a few pieces that I have not yet finished.

 

 

 

Although I did a terrible job of posting monthly on TUSAL, I did add to my vase throughout the year. Here is where I ended up.